Please don’t hate me: this time next week, I’m going to be in Iceland.
Looking at these stunning images from the equally stunning French blog Griottes, I can hardly believe it. One of my ultimate travel dreams is about to come true in just seven days.
I’ve always wanted to go to Iceland. It’s one of those places that Marlon and I would be least likely to visit if we ever moved back to Asia, and will be the farthest I’ve ever been from home.
This trip was totally unplanned and unforeseen until a month ago. I’m so grateful for the turn of events that opened up this opportunity to take a week to go and tick a major destination off my life list.
This weekend, I’m gathering inspiration from Emilie’s beautiful photos of Iceland (above), as well as these links:
- The Reykjavik Grapevine’s Best of Reyjkavik 2011.
- Brittany’s series of Iceland posts over at The House That Lars Built.
- Invitations from Iceland locals, a very cool tourism initiative!
- The Inspired by Iceland channel on Vimeo
- Totally uninformative, but hilarious: Hipster Iceland on Twitter
What are you looking forward to this week?