But that’s all in the fun of traveling. Being able to go on a long trip was what I wanted when I started getting restless in Singapore. That bout of “metaphysical unease” two years ago eventually brought us here, and now we get to take that long trip. I couldn’t be more thankful for that.
Our (rather ambitious) itinerary includes a mix of places I’ve been before, and new places that we’ll discover together for the first time:
- The 2012 European Capital of Culture, Maribor, Slovenia, for the European Grand Prix for Choral Singing. The Glee Club qualified 11 years ago, and qualified again this year. Go Ateneo! One big fight!
- Ideally, if I wake up early enough, a day trip to Lake Bled in Slovenia
- The Mediterranean coastal town of Koper, Slovenia
- A double date with the Duhamels in Venice
- One night in Bologna, to stuff our faces with Italy’s finest
- FLORENCE. Four days. Can’t wait.
- San Gimignano, our base for exploring Tuscany and the nearby towns of Siena, Lucca and Volterra
- Marina di Carrara on the Ligurian coast to visit relatives on Marlon’s side
- Pisa, where we catch our flight back to Amsterdam
Over and out!